Sunday, March 22, 2009

This is College

Two things showed me the essence of what college is really about today. The first is that I spent all day watching online lectures from the MIT OpenCourseWare Project for Electricty and Magnetism, which is basically the same as the physics class I'm currently in. They are pretty entertaining and surprisingly informative considering that they're free, and I seriously recommend you watch some of them if you're interested in physics.

But wait, this isn't The Serious Collective. Or is it? No, it definitely isn't. The other side of college, the one in which I do not participate, is the social side. Drinking, dancing, random hookups; you know, the kind of stuff that makes you think "Hey, that person must be working towards a degree of some sort." While reading F My Life, a site which is basically an internet documentary of this side of college, I happened upon this gem:

Today, when my crush dropped me off after a night of partying and hooking up, I realized I wasn't wearing my thong. Suddenly, I had a vivid flashback from the night before of major explosive diarrhea...with no toilet paper at the frat house. I'd left my dirty thong there. He won't text me back.


How much was tuition, again?

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment