Saturday, May 2, 2009

I went to DC

I walked around and did the usual things people do in DC, goof off and do stupid stuff in museums. I also visited a place called the "Sculpture Garden." It had things that looked like sculptures, and then it had things like this:
This thing is called "Untitled" by Ellsworth Kelly. My mind was blown, is this really here? Did this thing really cost someone money? Do people really consider this a sculpture, or art? I looked into it, and it turns out Mr. Kelly makes a lot more of things that you thought were to teach kindergartners their colors. Here is more of his "work."
Art at it's best. However, in my time in DC I did find some real art.
Now, this, is art.

-Alex

2 comments:

  1. Boy, watch what you post. This here be my territory.

    -Svava

    ReplyDelete