Monday, December 8, 2008

This is Now Called the Outdated Movie Review Collective

Yes, I watched another movie today that is slightly old: Hamlet 2. Deal with it, I don't care, y'all don't even know me like dat. The point is this: it is the funniest movie of the year, bar none. I see now that those geniuses of cinematic criticism over at About.com even recognized its excellence, but didn't really order their picks. Let me just tidy up their list for them (excluding the 4 movies on the list which I did not see):
6. Forgetting Sarah Marshall
5. Tropic Thunder
4. Role Models
3. Pineapple Express
2. Step Brothers
1. Hamlet 2

2008 was a really good year for one-off comedies, it seems. My list would also include Burn After Reading, which I thought was surprisingly good at providing justification for Bradd Pitt's existence. I gladly await the hate mail from the "OmGWTfrjutalking abiout? he has such hawt abbs and is soi sxey i wnat to marry him fro his wahsbroad abs!!!!11!" crowd of housewives. They browse the blogosphere, trust me.

Aside from that, I've been studying for finals. And studying. And studying. Tomorrow is another study day, and then Wednesday and Thursday are my tests. After that I've got a whole month of freedom to devote to you all. Yeah right, like I'd waste my time with you fart sandwiches (trademark). I'll end this post with my favorite quotes from Hamlet 2:
"I feel like I've been raped...in the face."

"You're a liar! Everybody has rain gutters!" (probably requires context)

"We can't have intermission now, the fire department is trying to evacuate the building."

"You're gonna have a magical life because, wherever you go, it will be better than Tucson." (probably true, although the few times I've been there it seemed nice...ish)

Whoops, I mean piracy is bad.

-Dave

1 comment:

  1. Burn After Reading DVD is already out..this is a great film.....it's concept is incredible, amazing, unique and perfectly orchestred by the cohen!There is nothing to say!awesome movie, such a smart story...its like one of those movies that everybody is tied together but its comedic!..Brad Pitt is hilarious! hes such a goof in this movie... i'll going to get a deep discount dvd copy of this movie...

    ReplyDelete