Monday, February 9, 2009

Svava Potter and the Order of the Palin

She made a reference and I completely missed it within our discussion of the War of the Worlds incident. Despite being at my expense, I feel the need to post my reaction, confusion, and eventual realization in the following conversation:

Dave: So I just got back from the second training class to be a DJ on the campus radio.
Dave: And they have a specific policy against saying anything on air about fake natural disasters.
Dave: *They being the FCC.
Svava: Because of War of the Worlds?
Svava: I'm guessing.
Dave: You betcha.
Svava: Ok Sarah.
Dave: ?
Dave: Now I'm having an identity crisis
Svava: Sarah Palin
Dave: I'm not seeing the connection.
Dave: But there is one important thing to point out:
Dave: If I had said "now i'm having an identity crisis" out loud
Dave: and you had only heard the last part
Dave: it would've sounded like "blah blah blah titty crisis".
Dave: But what does Sarah Palin have to do with War of the Worlds?
Svava: "You betcha".
Dave: Oh.

I roolz.

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment