Tuesday, September 15, 2009

*sigh* Fine, I Guess We'll Talk about Kanye

If you have somehow managed to not see the video yet, you can check it out over at MTV.

Kanye West: what is he famous for, again? The last thing I heard about him (when I accidentally poked my head out of the dirt) was when he said the George Bush didn't care about black people. Anyways, I salute his attempts to derive lulz from one of the most needlessly overhyped self-masturbatory ad-festivals still alive on television today. Seriously, VMAs? In 2009 we're still doing those?



Also, I love the last 30 seconds of video. Everyone is standing awkwardly looking at Kanye West, fidgeting, or nervously laughing. Beyonce (Who is she? Has she put out anything I can listen to on the gramophone next to my bowl of Werther's Originals?) seems at least mildly amused, but again mostly awkward. To be honest, it looks like something that our beloved Tim and Eric would write: a bunch of celebrities in a room together arguing over awards that ceased to be meaningful sometime in the late 1990s.

Speaking of Tim and Eric, why has nobody announced when season 5 will start yet? AND WHEN WILL OUR DR. STEVE BRULE SPIN-OFF ARRIVE?

Let's not put evidence that Kanye West ever existed in a time capsule for future generations to enjoy. Let's just bury him in a field where he can complain about which rocks deserved the VMA for Best Rock Video. Also, let's bury my pun-making machine with him.

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment