Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Snow was a Nice Change of Pace from all the Rain



I need to get this off my chest before anything else: even Public Safety officers have a God complex. If you can't be trusted with a gun because you would almost certainly kill a college student or two, maybe you should just shut your mouth and be helpful. Just telling me that the Transportation Office was closed for the night would've been a lot simpler than asking me in detail about what I was doing there (oink). Red tape retardation ftw!

Anyways, here's a quick recap of the day before I make a post about actual news (my life isn't actual news?). The Calculus TA asked us for comments on her teaching style and then got mad at me when she saw that my paper just said "It's fine." She said I was wasting paper by not being more detailed. Because it was necessary to give us all a full sheet of white paper for that. Plus, how much more could I possibly expound upon that? Learn how to take a compliment (I teach compliment-taking on the side).

Second, we had our second (haha, because I used that word already) required advisor meeting today, and I realized how awesome my advisor really is. I mean, granted, he doesn't seem particularly interested in his advisees (cut my fingers off for using that word, please), but he's really funny. He's also very soft-spoken, which makes his tangential stories even funnier. For instance, while discussing professionalism, he mentioned that cursing didn't offend him, but that it would leave a prospective employer with a bad impression of you. Fair enough. From there, he said "I always find it kind of offputting when I hear people dropping F-bombs in classrooms (also a fair statement). *sigh* Frankly, my sons both use quite a bit of profanity. I guess it's just...(awkward silence)...but I digress of course." Yes, you do digress. Hilariously.

Loading image

Click anywhere to cancel

Image unavailable



-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment