Thursday, October 23, 2008

Shameless Promotion of Awesome Music

More people need to listen to Guitar Wolf. Ignore the fact that they are standing in a cave with their leather outfits. Find the album Jet Generation (track previews available here) and listen to it repeatedly. If it doesn't improve your day significantly, then I don't know what will. They're just so groovy! Honestly, I have to watch this video of some guy rocking out to the eponymous song (+1 literacy, pending a rock 'n' roll check) in what appears to be an airplane bathroom, or skylav for short (ignore the last minute or so of video, the editor tries to ruin the song forever):


I know. I just wanna get up and flail around and destroy something while they're playing. If that weren't enough, their live show is even better, as evidenced by this:


Yeah, they chugged some beers. And yeah, their bass player died not long after this. BUT, any band who can rock Washington this hard(as in Ted Bundy Washington, not the Warshington in which John McCain and Sarah Palin are mavericks. Ted Bundy was somewhat of a maverick too, I suppose, but in the other Washington.) has my respect and my props (I don't give props, they're so 2005, right? right? I dunno what you kids do now).

In short, listen to them. Make everyone you know listen to them. Japan, I officially forgive Pearl Harbor because it eventually led to the creation of this band. I'm a diplomat. I need to go destroy something.

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment