Saturday, January 24, 2009

Greasy Lake and A.D.D. FTW!!!!

So, for my English Composition class, I have to write an essay "of the creative imagination" for this short story called "Greasy Lake" by T. C. Boyle. Now, the story itself is amusing in and of itself. In a nutshell for those of you too lazy to go to a library (a library??? what's that?!?!?! roflroflroflroflroflrofl)3 hard-ass 19 year olds (hmm...sound familiar) go up to a dirty lake, get the snot kicked out of them, almost kill the guy who beats them up, finds a dead body, and their lives are changed. Now, I know some of you are thinking "That story sounds stupid. har heh har," well, it isn't terrible. Imagine sticking a rapid mongoose and Mort from Family Guy inside a cardboard box with a slice of cheese.... Right, so anyway this essay is only going to be worth 50 points out of the 932 points altogether in the class. Why 932? Who knows. Inspector Gadget might, but really Robocop doesn't stand a chance. So who'd da thunk this essay is inconvenient to write about? My professor, which all of you are fully aware of, told us to "write a strong defense for a topic of your liking," for Monday, but the essay itself is due Friday. I'm not sure about how you people out in there in magical Pixie-land would be able to conjure an essay and revise it within 2 days, but I sure as heck can't. Call me special, but I'll call you on your bluff. It is then when we will see who finds the pot of gold.




Oh, and svave, you are going down.

-Atticus

No comments:

Post a Comment