Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Horrifying Picture Content

So I'm starting up a new thing for myself aside from my usual search for Youtube Glory because videos aren't everyhing.

It's time for a test, class. Is this man:
a.) The devil in Hell
b.) One of the guys from Deliverance
c.) Two-time Poet Laureate of the United States Billy Collins
d.) The devil

While the read background might confuse you into thinking a or d, the devil doesn't wear clothes like that. b is the plausible distractor, as he looks like most of the people in the movie Deliverance. In fact, that picture is of William "Billy" Collins, Poet Laureate of the United States from 2001-2003 and New York State Poet for 2004. Wait, we're in a recession and there are state poets?

I found his horrifying picture here, at the Library of Congress' website for the Poetry 180 program, which provides a collection of 180 poems for each day of the school year.

I would unread every poem I've even remotely enjoyed if it would mean the destruction of this picture.

-Dave

1 comment:

  1. I've met Billy Collins. He was a very nice man... until he ripped my beating heart from my chest.

    ReplyDelete