Thursday, January 22, 2009

Kurt Vonnegut is the Manager at My Office

Two things happened today that made me think that the universe was designed by the esteemed author and known scowler.

Situation 1-I was going through the mail at work and found a large group of envelopes rubber-banded together, and all of them were empty. One of the secretaries said that they had asked for more empty envelopes because they ran out this week, so I handed them to her. Then she said to me, "You can't win 'em all" and left the room. I'm not sure I've ever laughed harder at a seemingly innocuous situation before in my life. Tim and Eric could not have planned a better absurdist situation (well, maybe a poop joke could've been inserted-can't wait for season 4!).

Situation 2-
Besides being a somewhat creepy, as all old videos surely are, who picked that music? Dear 1960s: it's a slow motion video of a guy popping a balloon, not a Rat Pack concert. Was that the music of the Rat Pack? Probably not. Too late, joke's over.

-Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment